If you thought Summer Reading was only for kids, I’ve got some news for you! The Daniel Boone Regional Library is challenging adults to read three books, submit three book reviews and do seven fun, library-related activities. Complete the challenge, and beginning July 5, you’ll receive a prize. You’ll also be entered into a drawing for other fun rewards including an Amazon Fire tablet or a book store gift card.
Step One: Register for the Adult Summer Reading Challenge by July 31. Download a reading record to help you keep track of your reading, reviews and activities.
Step Two: Read three books and submit three book reviews.
Step Three: Complete any seven of these activities:
- Apply for a library card.
- Read the One Read book.
- Make a reading list using the library’s online catalog.
- Re-read a book you loved.
- Share your favorite jams for our community playlist on Spotify.
- Listen to music from another culture.
- Watch a concert on Kanopy or DVD.
- Stream or download free music using the Freegal app or check out a CD.
- Talk about a book with others.
- Download an ebook, audiobook or comic.
- Attend a library program. Check out our event calendar.
- Read a musician’s biography or autobiography.
- Attend a live concert of musical performance.
- Play a new instrument (kazoos count!).
- Read a classic.
- Perform a random act of kindness or community service.
- Share your favorite Summer Reading photo on Instagram and tag us (@dbrl.library).
Step Four: When you’re finished, bring your completed reading record to any library or bookmobile stop and receive your prize, beginning July 5. You’ll also be entered into a drawing for other fun rewards including an Amazon Fire tablet.
Throughout the summer, the library will host a brewery trivia night, breakout room challenge, some film screenings and more! Check out the library’s event calendar for more information about these fun programs.