The Columbia Public Library is once again hosting a year-long program around reading through Book Riot’s 2019 Read Harder Challenge. Throughout the year, there will be in-person meet-ups to discuss and socialize with other readers who’ve taken on the challenge. For the time between the meet-ups, there’s an optional Facebook group in which folks can share their thoughts and their progress. You can also subscribe to the Read Harder newsletter by giving us your email address here.
The in-person meetings will take place at the Columbia Public Library at the following times:
- January 15, 6-7 p.m. in the Friends Room
- March 6, 6-7:30 p.m. in the Virginia Young Room
- May 9, 6-7:30 p.m. in the Friends Room
- July 18, 6-7:30 p.m. in the Friends Room
- October 22, 6-7:30 p.m. in the Friends Room
- December 17, 6-7:30 p.m. in the Friends Room (finale party!)
There will also be prizes for those who complete the entire challenge.
Here are some helpful links to keep you reading harder in 2019:
- Book Lists in DBRL’s Catalog
- Read Harder Facebook Discussion Group
- PDF of Fillable Checklist
- Frequently Asked Questions