Our downloadable audiobook service from OverDrive offers thousands of popular titles for adults, teens and children that you can download at home, to your laptop or to a mobile device.
- You will need the free OverDrive Media Console software to listen to OverDrive audiobooks.
- This service is only available to patrons in our designated service area. Please contact support if you have questions about availability.
- Check out up to 7 titles at a time (for 7, 14 or 21 days). MP3 titles can be returned early.
- Titles cannot be renewed, but you can check them out again after they expire if they are still available.
- Place a hold on up to 5 titles that are on loan to someone else.
- See the Quick Start Guide for complete instructions.
- For answers to questions and problems visit our Frequently Asked Questions page.
- Audiobooks are available in one of two formats.
- WMA titles: can be played on Windows computers, most MP3 players and Windows-formatted Apple devices.
- MP3 titles: can be played on Windows and Mac computers and on all MP3 players, including Apple devices.
- You can download an entire book or you can select parts to download.
- Let others know if you liked the book by assigning a 1-5 star rating to books you've checked out. (You can see a list of titles you've rated by accessing your OverDrive account.)
- You will not be able to check out and download audiobooks if your library card has expired or is blocked.
- The Windows Media Player Security Upgrade feature in OverDrive Media Console does not work with Windows Vista 64-bit. However, you can upgrade the security component directly from Microsoft.com. (Requires Internet Explorer.)