Hoopla Quick Start Guide
Setting Up Your Hoopla Account
- Go to https://hoopladigital.com in your Web browser, or download the Apple iOS or Android app. (Please see below for Kindle Fire HDX instructions.)
- Click "Sign Up," then "Continue."
- From the drop-down menu, select "Daniel Boone Regional Library" and click "Continue."
- Enter your library card number (the number under the bar code on your card) and your library PIN. Your PIN will be the same password you use when signing into your library account on www.dbrl.org, usually your birth date in the format MMDDYYYY. Then click "Continue."
- Next, you will create a Hoolpa account. Enter your email address and a password for your new account. These credentials will be what you use to sign in to the Hoopla service. You will not need to enter your library card number and PIN again.
- Click "Continue," then "Browse Titles." You're all finished and can start borrowing movies, TV, music and audiobooks!
The video below can also help guide you through the steps. More helpful videos can be found on the Hoopla YouTube channel.
- Sign in to your Hoopla account and search or browse for the item you want to borrow.
- Click or tap "Borrow." The item will now be added to your "My Titles" list.
- In a Web browser, click or tap "Play" to begin streaming your item. In an Android or Apple iOS app, tap "Play" to begin listening or watching immediately, or "Download" to save the title on your device for playback later.(Note: You may need to install the Widevine plugin before streaming anything in your computer's browser.)
- All your titles will be available from your Web browser or Hoopla app for the duration of their borrowing period.
To view a demonstration of borrowing an item in Hoopla, watch the video below. More helpful videos can be found on the Hoopla YouTube channel.
- After you have borrowed an item in Hoopla, when you open it in the Hoopla app or on the Web, you will see an option to return the material.
- It is not necessary to return an item borrowed through Hoopla. You may keep them until the borrowing period expires.
- All items borrowed through Hoopla count toward your monthly limit of ten check-outs, even if you choose to return them.
- You may continue to borrow new items until you have reached ten check-outs in a calendar month, whether you use the return feature or not.
- You may wish to return items after you have finished listening or viewing them in order to free up storage space on your tablet or phone. Be sure you are done with the item before you return it.
Hoopla on the Kindle Fire HDX
Hoopla is currently supported on the 7" and 8.9" Kindle Fire HDX. For the best results, you will want to open your browser on your Kindle Fire HDX device, type slideme.org in your URL and hit go. Install SlideMe and sign up for an account. From there you can search for hoopla within SlideMe and install the app. Installing hoopla from a registered SlideMe account will allow our app updates to reach your device, as long as the market remains installed on your device. Click on the links for detailed instructions on installing SlideMe, or hoopla from SlideMe.
Note: You can install hoopla without installing SlideMe but you will not be prompted when hoopla has an app update. Simply open slideme.org in your browser, search for hoopla, and download the app.
Help & Support
Visit the Hoopla Help page for more information and answers to common questions.