Hoopla Quick Start Guide
Setting Up Your Hoopla Account
- Go to https://hoopladigital.com in your Web browser, or download the Apple iOS, Android or Amazon app. (Note: Hoopla is only compatible with the Kindle Fire HDX. The app is not available on older models.)
- Click "Sign Up," then "Continue."
- From the drop-down menu, select "Daniel Boone Regional Library" and click "Continue."
- Enter your library card number (the number under the bar code on your card) and your library PIN. Your PIN will be the same password you use when signing into your library account on www.dbrl.org, usually your birth date in the format MMDDYYYY. Then click "Continue."
- Next, you will create a Hoolpa account. Enter your email address and a password for your new account. These credentials will be what you use to sign in to the Hoopla service. You will not need to enter your library card number and PIN again.
- Click "Continue," then "Browse Titles." You're all finished and can start borrowing movies, TV, music and audiobooks!
- Sign in to your Hoopla account and search or browse for the item you want to borrow.
- Click or tap "Borrow." The item will now be added to your "My Titles" list.
- In a Web browser, click or tap "Play" to begin streaming your item. In an Android or Apple iOS app, tap "Play" to begin listening or watching immediately, or "Download" to save the title on your device for playback later.(Note: You may need to install the Widevine plugin before streaming anything in your computer's browser.)
- All your titles will be available from your Web browser or Hoopla app for the duration of their borrowing period.
- After you have borrowed an item in Hoopla, when you open it in the Hoopla app or on the Web, you will see an option to return the material.
- It is not necessary to return an item borrowed through Hoopla. You may keep them until the borrowing period expires.
- All items borrowed through Hoopla count toward your monthly limit of ten check-outs, even if you choose to return them.
- You may continue to borrow new items until you have reached ten check-outs in a calendar month, whether you use the return feature or not.
- You may wish to return items after you have finished listening or viewing them in order to free up storage space on your tablet or phone. Be sure you are done with the item before you return it.
Help & Support
Visit the Hoopla Help page for more information and answers to common questions.