Freegal offers access to more than 9 million songs and music from over 28,000 labels.
- Stream up to 5 hours of music a day.
- Download up to 5 songs a week — and keep them forever.
- Browse and listen on the Freegal app or via computer.
To use this free service, you need to live in our designated service area and have a current Daniel Boone Regional Library card.
How do I get it?
- Go to the library’s Freegal site and log in with your library card number and PIN (usually your birth date in the format MMDDYYYY). Browse songs and download or add them to playlists for streaming.
- Download 5 songs each week in standard MP3 format, and keep them as long as you like.
- Download the Freegal app for your Android device (using Google Play) or your Apple iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch (using the App Store) to download, store and play your Freegal MP3 files.
Do I really get to keep the songs I download?
Yes. You can keep the songs you download – forever! Note that Freegal is unable to restore music libraries that have been lost.For this reason, we highly recommend backing up your files to an external hard drive or a cloud-based service, for example.
When do my downloads reset?
Sunday night your downloads reset, and you can then download five more songs.