Spring is here, which means lots of rainy days ahead. If your family is stuck inside during a downpour (and you’re not afraid of a bit of a mess) then try out this glitter slime recipe. This slime is super shiny, stretchy, squishy and sparkly! And it’s pretty easy to make, so include your kids in on the messy fun of creating this recipe.
What you need:
- 1/2 cup white glue (Clear works too!)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon saline solution
- Food coloring and glitter
What you do:
- Add glue to your bowl.
- Add water to glue, and stir until they are combined.
- Stir in the baking soda.
- Add food coloring and glitter. (We used fine glitter. It doesn’t show up well in photos, but it looks really pretty up close!)
- Add saline solution and stir vigorously to form the slime. This takes a few minutes. You’ll know it’s ready when it starts bubbling and pulling up from the sides of the bowl.
- Play! Explore the fun, sticky texture of the slime. It’s a bit messy, so wear clothes you don’t mind getting a little grubby. Store your slime in a baggie or reusable container.
Don’t want to make this at home? No problem! We’re making it here at the library for our upcoming Unicorn Celebrations. Join us for a colorful celebration of these magical steeds. We’ll create unicorn horns and puppets, play with glitter slime and much more. Unicorn-themed clothing and accessories encouraged. Ages 6 and older. No registration required.
Thursday, April 5 › 5:00-6:00 p.m. Columbia Public Library
Monday, April 16 › 5:30-6:15 p.m. Southern Boone County Public Library
Hope to see you there!