Library News: October 2008
New Library Web Site Preview
After many months of planning and building, we are excited to show you a
preview of our completely redesigned web site. We think you'll find the
site full of new content and services to make it easy to find information,
get reading recommendations, ask a reference question or find out what's
new at your library.
We plan to completely launch the new site by the end of the month. We will
continue to add new sections and features to the site after the launch, so
we invite and appreciate your comments and input as we continue to work.
Library Strategic Planning Team Wants to Hear From You
The Daniel Boone Regional Library board is writing a brand new strategic
plan, outlining the library services we want to offer in the coming years.
The Board of Trustees long-range planning committee is heading up the
process along with three volunteer community members and library
Public input is critical to defining what our goals should be for the next
several years. The board and staff are holding a series of public meetings
to get input about which library services are the most important to you. We
hope you'll consider attending one of the sessions listed below, or giving
us your thoughts on our web site: http://www.dbrl.org/strategicplanning.
You can also see the full list of planning team members and read more about
strategic planning at http://www.dbrl.org/strategicplanning.
Public Input Sessions
Come by anytime 5-6:30 p.m. at the following locations to talk about future
- Monday, October 20 - Ashland, SoBoCo Public Library
- Wednesday, October 22 - Harrisburg. Harrisburg VFW Hall
- Thursday, October 23 - Hallsville, Hallsville City Hall
- Tuesday, October 28 - Columbia, Columbia Public Library
- Wednesday, October 29 - New Bloomfield, BankStar 1
- Thursday, October 30 - Fulton, Callaway County Public Library
- Monday, November 3 - Millersburg, Millersburg Christian Church
- Thursday, November 6 - Auxvasse, Auxvasse Elementary
- Monday, November 10 - Sturgeon, Sturgeon High School