- Suggested One Read: This Changes Everything
- Presence of Absence: Docs With Subjects Who Barely Appear on Film
- Suggested One Read: Bettyville
- Comedy Club: Memoirs by Female Comedians
- Get Help With Your Holiday Photo Gifts
- Film Adaptation of “Room” by Emma Donoghue
- The Gentleman Recommends: Patrick deWitt (again)
Where Have All the Gnomes Gone?
Garden gnomes want to go on spring break, too! If you couldn't make it to our gnome-making program, you can still make a gnome to tote along with you. Then take your gnome with you to the park, grandma’s house, St. Louis, or wherever you are going for spring break. Snap a picture of you and your gnome having fun. Bring a copy of the photo to the Children’s Desk at the Columbia Public Library, or e-mail it to us, and we’ll display them in April.
Choose one of the garden gnomes below, then print it out and decorate it.
Gnomes on the Loose in the Library
These gnomes played a trick on the librarians and started a game of hide and seek in the Columbia Public Library (gnomes are rather mischievous creatures by nature), but we've found them all (we think). Do you recognize their hiding places?