- What to Read While You Wait for All the Light We Cannot See
- 2015 Gateway and Truman Award Predictions
- Top Ten Books Librarians Love: The April 2015 List
- 2015 Teen Book Tournament Finalists Announced
- Director Spotlight: Albert Maysles
- Exploring the Magic and Spectacle of Harry Houdini
- April 6 Registration Deadline for May SAT Exam
2009 Library Milestones
We're excited to report that over 2,100,000 items checked were checked out in 2009, the first year we’ve broken the two-million mark! Also, July 9, 2009 was the 50th Anniversary of the Daniel Boone Regional Library System, formed in 1959.
The library's annual report is published each year in April, after our annual audit is completed. In the meantime here are a few notable statistics from 2009:
More than 900,000 visits were recorded.
There were 750,000 visits to our web sites.
Staff answered 285,000 questions.
More than 45,000 people attended 1,700 programs.