Celebrate National Library Week at DBRL
National Library Week is an annual celebration of the contributions of our nation's libraries and librarians. This year's theme is “Communities Thrive @ Your Library.” Please help us celebrate during the week of April 11-17 by trying something new at DBRL. Explore Byki, a language learning service that is one of the most recent additions to our online reference tools. Bring your laptop to the library nearest you and enjoy the free wireless Internet access. Check out materials in a format that is new to you, such as a Playaway or a downloadable audiobook. Or, learn a new skill by taking advantage of the self-guided computer tutorials in Columbia and Fulton and coming soon to Ashland.
What else can I do at my library?
- Got a question? Ask-a-Librarian!
- Add a rating, review or create a book list in our new catalog.
- Renew a book or other material by accessing your library account online.
- Visit the bookmobile.
- Use one of our online reference tools for your next research project.
- Help select the next book for the One Read community reading program.
- Use a library computer.
- Check out a music CD or DVD
- Reserve a meeting room for your next group meeting.
- Access special resources and collections for parents and child-care providers.
- Get help with an online job application.
- Get library notices (overdues/holds) faster by signing up for e-mail notices.
- Follow DBRL on Twitter.
- Buy a book at a Friends book sale.
- Get reading suggestions from our book lists, links to reviews or by subscribing to a BookNews e-mail newsletter.
- Check out an art museum kit.
- Make a copy or send a fax.
- Sign up to get library news via e-mail.
- Get useful links to resources on a variety of topics in our online subject guides.
- Attend an author visit, book discussion, concert, documentary film, story time or home buying workshop.
- Learn more about astronomy, gardening, genealogy, knitting, science and more.
- Learn about computers and other technology.
- Call Dial-A-Story: (573) 817-7177.
- Check out materials from our ESL and Spanish language collection.