- How Do You Brew? All About Tea
- Dining Out: Docs About Restaurants
- Program Preview: Wii U Family Game Afternoon
- Exploring the Strange World of Lewis Carroll
- Win Two Free Lux Passes to the True/False Film Fest
- Ask the Author: An Interview With Trudy Lewis
- Free Assistance to Help You Complete the FAFSA
"American Shopper" on April 13
Are you a film fanatic? Then check out DBRL’s free monthly film series, Center Aisle Cinema. On the second Wednesday of each month we feature a documentary that draws the viewer in to a contemporary issue or popular topic. Complementing this program is our film blog. At this site, you can register to receive email notices of new DVDs added to the library's collection as well as weekly announcements of documentaries being showing in the Columbia area.
Join us at our next showing on April 13 as we feature "American Shopper." This movie showcases the stories of contestants competing in a new sport that promotes self-expression through creative supermarket shopping. This film follows eight "aislers" as they modify shopping carts, create costumes and rehearse routines in preparation for the First National Aisling Championship hosted at the Schnucks grocery store in Columbia. This movie played at the 2007 True False Film Fest. We will be joined by Aisle Contestant Aaron Marchbanks for discussion after the film.