- Three Books (and One Film) to Mark World AIDS Day
- Suggested One Read: Give Us the Ballot
- The Gift of Inspiration: Books for the Readers on Your List
- Suggested One Read: This Changes Everything
- Presence of Absence: Docs With Subjects Who Barely Appear on Film
- Suggested One Read: Bettyville
- Comedy Club: Memoirs by Female Comedians
Win Two Free Passes to Ragtag Cinema!
Visit the library’s film blog, Center Aisle Cinema, to register for your chance to win two free passes to Ragtag Cinema. Winners will be selected at random and announced at our June 8 showing of “Babies” at the Columbia Public Library, 6:30 p.m. in the Friends Room. Please note that you do not need to be present to win.
In the documentary “Babies”, award-winning filmmaker Thomas Balmès simultaneously follows four babies living in different parts of the world, from birth to their first steps. This film joyfully captures the earliest stages of humanity, in Namibia, Mongolia, Japan and the United States, that are at once unique and universal to us all. To watch the trailer and get a schedule of our upcoming films showings, please visit Center Aisle Cinema.