- All the World’s a Stage: Docs Involving Shakespeare
- Celebrating the Freedom to Read!
- Top 10 Books Librarians Love: The October 2016 LibraryReads List
- Free Assistance Completing FAFSA Form
- “Portrait of Betty” on National Museum Day
- SAT Registration Deadline Is Coming Up
- The Gentleman Recommends: Gary Shteyngart
Here's to Your Health
Have you ever typed a symptom like “fever” into a Google search box and gone from thinking you might have the flu to being convinced that you are dying of spinal meningitis? Where do you turn for trustworthy information on medical conditions, procedures or medications? Available for free with your library card, Consumer Health Complete is a database that provides convenient access to easily understandable health and medical information. You can browse within medical encyclopedias and popular reference books from reliable organizations such as the American Medical Association and the Mayo Clinic, as well as current magazine articles. You can also search by topic, like cancer, nutrition, mental health, alternative medicine or children’s health. Check out this free resource designed for health-care consumers, and get informed, not frightened. The information provided on Consumer Health Complete is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician.