- Top Ten Books Librarians Love: The April 2015 List
- 2015 Teen Book Tournament Finalists Announced
- Director Spotlight: Albert Maysles
- Exploring the Magic and Spectacle of Harry Houdini
- April 6 Registration Deadline for May SAT Exam
- Let the Library Contribute to Your (March) Madness
- 2015 Teen Book Tournament: Final Four Announced
From the Director - November 2011
With more than 700,000 visits to our libraries and bookmobiles so far this year, and about as many website visits, it’s clear that many of you use the free services and programs we offer. That’s what we’re here for.
It’s important to us that you keep coming back. That’s why we’re always re-evaluating our collection, offering new program topics, finding ways to make our services convenient and our buildings comfortable places for browsing, learning and socializing.
In recent months, we’ve completed more of the improvements we outlined in our strategic plan. We’ve also just reached the one-year mark on two of our pilot projects: Library-To-Go lockers in Hallsville and Bookmobile, Jr. visits to licensed child care centers. Both are proving to be successful endeavors enabling us to serve greater numbers of you not served by a library building.
These recent improvements help us connect you to each other and the world of information and ideas. That’s our mission. And, with everyone so busy these days, we want to make your library convenient, pleasant and easy for you to use.
Completed improvements outlined in our strategic plan:
- Added Kindle-compatible titles to our eBook collection.
- Board of Trustees approved a new lease arrangement for a build-to-suit facility that will almost double the size of the Southern Boone County Public Library in Ashland. Scheduled to be completed Fall 2012.
- Repaired roof and air conditioner at Callaway County Public Library.
- Reopened the coffee kiosk at Columbia Public Library, October 2011.
- Adding four new off-site book returns in the Columbia metro area.