- Humble Beginnings: Docs About Elementary Schools
- 2016 Truman Award Nominees
- Top Ten Books Librarians Love: The June 2015 List
- Wii U Family Game Night
- 2015 One READ Winner: About “Station Eleven” and Emily St. John Mandel
- 2015 List of Suggested Titles
- Suspense in a Small Town: Karin Slaughter’s Grant County Series
Developer Breaks Ground for New Ashland Library
On January 23, Ashland developer Gerald McKinney invited the community and library staff to a groundbreaking ceremony for the new building that will be the future home of the Southern Boone County Library. His company McKinney Properties is developing the site that is next to the Southern Boone County Middle School and is leasing it to the library for 10 years.
The new facility will almost double the library’s current space to 6,500 square feet and will include a children’s area and a community meeting room. The library plans to move to the new location this fall.
The Friends of the Southern Boone County Public Library group has formed a subcommittee charged with raising funds to buy new shelves for the new library. Those interested in donating to this can contact Bridget Canaday.