- All The World’s a Stage: Docs Involving Shakespeare
- Celebrating the Freedom to Read!
- Top 10 Books Librarians Love: The October 2016 LibraryReads List
- Free Assistance Completing FAFSA Form
- “Portrait of Betty” on National Museum Day
- SAT Registration Deadline Is Coming Up
- The Gentleman Recommends: Gary Shteyngart
Developer Breaks Ground for New Ashland Library
On January 23, Ashland developer Gerald McKinney invited the community and library staff to a groundbreaking ceremony for the new building that will be the future home of the Southern Boone County Library. His company McKinney Properties is developing the site that is next to the Southern Boone County Middle School and is leasing it to the library for 10 years.
The new facility will almost double the library’s current space to 6,500 square feet and will include a children’s area and a community meeting room. The library plans to move to the new location this fall.
The Friends of the Southern Boone County Public Library group has formed a subcommittee charged with raising funds to buy new shelves for the new library. Those interested in donating to this can contact Bridget Canaday.