- Top Ten Books Librarians Love: The June 2015 List
- Wii U Family Game Night
- 2015 One READ Winner: About “Station Eleven” and Emily St. John Mandel
- 2015 List of Suggested Titles
- Suspense in a Small Town: Karin Slaughter’s Grant County Series
- The Gentleman Recommends: Tania James
- 2015 Teens’ Top Ten Nominees
Library Seeks New Patrons in Community
During the week of April 9, Daniel Boone Regional Library will be going out to the public to encourage people to sign up for library cards as part of our celebration of National Library Week. At the same time, people can sign up to win a free Sony e-reader, compliments of OverDrive.
“We know how hard it is for some folks to make time to come to the library, no matter how much they would like to,” said Melissa Carr, Daniel Boone Regional Library director. “Now that you can do so much through our digital branch, more taxpayers can use their library. So, in the spirit of promoting lifelong learning, we want to tell them about our digital services and sign them up for free library cards.”
Library staff will be at different bank locations in Columbia April 9-12 from 9 a.m.-1 p.m. People can stop by The Callaway Bank on West Broadway on Monday; at First State Community Bank off Nifong on Tuesday, at Landmark Bank on Stadium on Wednesday and at Commerce Bank on Bernadette on Thursday. These are the same banks the library partnered with for our remote book drop locations. Library staff will also be at The Callaway Bank in downtown Fulton on Tuesday, April 10.
Earlier this year, the library installed a fifth remote book drop at The Callaway Bank on West Broadway. A ribbon-cutting for the new book drop and bank partnership will be Monday, April 9 at 11:30 a.m. The public is welcome to attend.
- No purchase or sign-up for library card necessary to win.
- Entries must be submitted on the official entry form.
- All entrants must be at least 18 years old at time of entry to be eligible for this contest.
- The contest is open to everyone except staff of the Daniel Boone Regional Library and their immediate families.
- Entry deadline: April 12 by 3 p.m.
- Daniel Boone Regional Library assumes no responsibility for late, damaged illegible or incomplete entries. All entries become the property of the Daniel Boone Regional Library.
- Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- Enter as often as you wish. One winner will be chosen by random drawing and will receive the Sony e-reader.
- Acceptance of the prize constitutes a winner's consent to the use of his/her name, likeness and biographical data for advertising and promotional purposes without additional compensation. All federal, state and local laws apply.
- You do not need to be present to win.
- Winner will be notified by email or phone call no later than April 17.
- If winner is unreachable after 7 days, the prize may be awarded to another entrant.