- Top Ten Books Librarians Love: The April 2015 List
- 2015 Teen Book Tournament Finalists Announced
- Director Spotlight: Albert Maysles
- Exploring the Magic and Spectacle of Harry Houdini
- April 6 Registration Deadline for May SAT Exam
- Let the Library Contribute to Your (March) Madness
- 2015 Teen Book Tournament: Final Four Announced
Book Brigade to New Library November 17
Everyone is invited to join us in Ashland on Saturday, November 17 for a book brigade to help move library materials from the current Broadway location to the new Southern Boone County Public Library building at 109 N. Main next to the middle school. A Chamber of Commerce ribbon-cutting will follow and a surprise visitor will be there to cheer everyone on.
Those who wish to get in the book brigade line need to begin gathering at the current library on Broadway at 9:30 a.m. The book brigade will begin at 10 a.m. Participants are asked to park in the downtown area and not in the parking lot between Movie Depot and the new library building. In case of rain, don't forget to bring umbrellas and wear appropriate rain gear; the event will not be cancelled unless there is threatening lightning or other severe weather.
After the ribbon-cutting, you can take a pre-opening tour of the new library and enjoy refreshments graciously provided by the Southern Boone Chamber of Commerce.
The library will be closed November 14-17 so staff can begin the moving process. Regular hours resume at the new location on Monday, November 19.