- The Gentleman Recommends: Tom Rachman
- Registration Deadlines for Upcoming ACT & SAT Exams
- Read Your Way to Earth Day
- The Library Can Help You Get Your Driver’s License
- Working With the Conundrum of Autism
- Program Preview: Wii U Family Game Night
- What to Read While You Wait for A Spool of Blue Thread
Book Brigade to New Library November 17
Everyone is invited to join us in Ashland on Saturday, November 17 for a book brigade to help move library materials from the current Broadway location to the new Southern Boone County Public Library building at 109 N. Main next to the middle school. A Chamber of Commerce ribbon-cutting will follow and a surprise visitor will be there to cheer everyone on.
Those who wish to get in the book brigade line need to begin gathering at the current library on Broadway at 9:30 a.m. The book brigade will begin at 10 a.m. Participants are asked to park in the downtown area and not in the parking lot between Movie Depot and the new library building. In case of rain, don't forget to bring umbrellas and wear appropriate rain gear; the event will not be cancelled unless there is threatening lightning or other severe weather.
After the ribbon-cutting, you can take a pre-opening tour of the new library and enjoy refreshments graciously provided by the Southern Boone Chamber of Commerce.
The library will be closed November 14-17 so staff can begin the moving process. Regular hours resume at the new location on Monday, November 19.