- Dining Out: Docs About Restaurants
- Program Preview: Wii U Family Game Afternoon
- Exploring the Strange World of Lewis Carroll
- Win Two Free Lux Passes to the True/False Film Fest
- Ask the Author: An Interview With Trudy Lewis
- Free Assistance to Help You Complete the FAFSA
- The Gentleman Recommends: Daniel Kehlmann
Discover How the World Celebrates with CultureGrams Online
In the Andes region of Venezuela, on December 31, a figure representing the old year (such as an unpopular politician) is made with old clothes and burned to usher in the new year. In the Philippines, New Year's Fireworks displays are traditionally thought to banish the bad spirits of the previous year. In Russia, almost everyone decorates fir trees and has parties to celebrate the New Year, and Grandfather Frost leaves presents for children to find on New Year's Day.
CultureGrams Online provides continually updated information about countries around the world and our own United States, including history, statistics, traditions, photographs, maps, recipes and more. Whether you are researching the culture of Chile for a school report or the social customs of China for an upcoming trip, you will find comprehensive and high-quality information in multiple types of media.
CultureGrams is just one of over 80 online databases and resources made available through the library. All you need is your library card.