- For the Love of Food
- Suggested One Read: Orange Is the new Black
- The Gentleman Recommends: Michel Faber
- What to Read While You Wait for Gray Mountain
- Suggested One Read: The Sleepwalker’s Guide to Dancing
- Classics for Everyone: Starring “Ulysses” as “The Most Dangerous Book”
- Suggested One Read: City of Thieves
Easy Book-Finder Tool
Some of you may have already discovered what a useful resource NoveList is—a great tool for helping you find other books you would like to read and listing book series in order. Up until now, NoveList was only accessible through our databases. Now it appears on the full-page display for a title in the catalog, making it even easier for you to use.
For example, if you really liked reading “Rainmaker” by John Grisham and want to read something similar, look up “Rainmaker” in the catalog and click on the NoveList link to get other reading suggestions. NoveList listed “Smash Cut” by Sandra Brown and “The Fifth Witness” by Michael Connelly as some read-alikes. It also comes in handy when all of the copies of the book you wanted are checked out. If you want to read a book series and aren’t sure in what order they should be read, check NoveList for a sequential list. Then you can add the titles to your “For Later” shelf.
NoveList is a great timesaver and helps you zero in on books that you’re likely to enjoy. It’s like having your own personal librarian.