- Top 10 Books Librarians Love: The November 2016 LibraryReads List
- November 4 Deadline for December ACT Exam
- Stories in Stone: Cemetery Tour
- Program Preview: Blacklight Art
- The Gentleman Recommends: Scary Books
- Reader Review: My Grandmother Asked Me to Tell You She’s Sorry
- FAFSA Frenzy Sessions Begin Soon!
Explore the Library’s Digital Branch
Just as you do your banking, shopping and bill-paying online, you can get your library services online. You’ll find almost everything you do at a library building, you can also do at www.dbrl.org, which we call our digital branch.
Check Out Books
You can browse for books, keep lists and put titles on hold with the library’s catalog, of course, but don’t forget that we also offer many titles as eBooks. The collection grows monthly with books for children, teens and adults that can be read on most e-readers, tablets, computers and smart phones.
Get a Library Card
You need a library card to access most of what’s available on our digital branch. You can get an adult card online. After we receive your application, we’ll mail you your card along with instructions on how to activate it by email.
Read Newspapers and Magazines
Read full articles from hundreds of popular magazines, including full access to Consumer Reports, as well as area newspapers, academic journals and some international publications.
Get Homework Help
Students of any age can take practice tests like the ACT (Learning Express) and research history, science and literature.
Take a class
Through the database “Universal Class” take professional development courses like accounting, computers & technology or any of the 500 online continuing education courses offered. Each class is taught by a real instructor with remote, 24/7 access so you can study on your schedule.
Ask a librarian
Get help with our Ask a Librarian email and online chat services.
Learn a language
Through the “Transparent Language Online” database, learn any of 80 languages as well as English for non-native speakers.
Check investment reports
Access full-page reports, stock rankings and analyst commentaries.
Read library blogs
Find new things to read and do on our blogs for all audiences.
- DBRL Kids—Find library programs, books, learning tools and fun stuff for kids.
- DBRLTeen—Your gateway to information and entertainment for young adults.
- DBRL Next—Explore what’s NEXT at your library, in your town, in your life.
- One Read—The online home of our community-wide reading program.
- Center Aisle Cinema—Read about recent additions to DBRL’s documentary film collection.
There’s more to explore than what we had space to include, but this gives you some of the highlights. Admittedly, our digital branch runs faster and smoother on a high-speed Internet connection than on dial up. As those services become more widely available, we encourage you to take advantage of what your digital branch offers. On your phone, try the streamlined mobile version at m.dbrl.org.