- Top Ten Books Librarians Love: The June 2015 List
- Wii U Family Game Night
- 2015 One READ Winner: About “Station Eleven” and Emily St. John Mandel
- 2015 List of Suggested Titles
- Suspense in a Small Town: Karin Slaughter’s Grant County Series
- The Gentleman Recommends: Tania James
- 2015 Teens’ Top Ten Nominees
A Note From the Director
Civil War Traveling Exhibit Opens Soon
Though the Civil War took place 150 years ago, it had such a profound impact on the nation and on those living in Boone and Callaway Counties that it remains relevant and interesting to us today.
Between August 10-October 6, I invite you to visit the interactive display “A State Divided: The Civil War in Missouri” at the Columbia Public Library. It’s a condensed version of the major Civil War exhibition from the Missouri History Museum in St. Louis. We’ll also be displaying a few local artifacts.
When you visit, you’ll learn more about slavery in Missouri, divided loyalties in families, the infamous Bushwackers and the daily life of a soldier. “The Civil War in Missouri” is a joint effort of the Missouri Humanities Council, the Missouri History Museum, the Boone County Museum and Galleries and the Daniel Boone Regional Library. You’ll find the exhibit in the third floor reading room.