- All the World’s a Stage: Docs Involving Shakespeare
- Celebrating the Freedom to Read!
- Top 10 Books Librarians Love: The October 2016 LibraryReads List
- Free Assistance Completing FAFSA Form
- “Portrait of Betty” on National Museum Day
- SAT Registration Deadline Is Coming Up
- The Gentleman Recommends: Gary Shteyngart
A Note From the Director
New Carpet Prompts Other Improvements
With about 4,000 feet treading through the Columbia Public Library every day for the past eleven years, many areas of our carpeting are looking shabby. Beginning in December of this year, we will begin re-carpeting the building, using funds we've been saving for this purpose in our capital improvement account. Since this will take place over several weeks and library materials will need to be moved during the process, it will be done in phases during our regular hours. We will do our best to make it clear where you need to go to find what you want.
While going through the planning for this, we decided it would be a good time to make a few changes on the first floor. We are reconfiguring our Information Desk and the new books area next to it, adding another self-service check-out station and turning a workroom into a new public program space.
I want to thank you in advance for your patience during these changes. The end result will be worth it.