- All the World’s a Stage: Docs Involving Shakespeare
- Celebrating the Freedom to Read!
- Top 10 Books Librarians Love: The October 2016 LibraryReads List
- Free Assistance Completing FAFSA Form
- “Portrait of Betty” on National Museum Day
- SAT Registration Deadline Is Coming Up
- The Gentleman Recommends: Gary Shteyngart
A Note from the Director
It All Adds Up
So many people in our Boone and Callaway County communities care about library service, and that sense of appreciation is sometimes expressed through donations. I want to thank all of you who have contributed to the library, and if you bought a book at a Friends book sale, this includes you! The Friends of the Callaway County library purchased new nonfiction shelving with the money they raised in 2013. The Friends of the Columbia library raised $80,000 last year. And the Southern Boone County Friends of the Library met their $50,000 fundraising goal for furnishings in the new Ashland library in addition to raising money with book sales. The DBRL Foundation also raised money with its annual campaign that funds, among other things, transportation for second graders to tour their libraries. Finally, I want to recognize the Kelley Foundation Trust whose donation made it possible for us to install an early learning activity area at the Columbia Public Library. Thanks to all of you for helping DBRL provide even better service.