- The Gift of Inspiration: Books for the Readers on Your List
- Suggested One Read: This Changes Everything
- Presence of Absence: Docs With Subjects Who Barely Appear on Film
- Suggested One Read: Bettyville
- Comedy Club: Memoirs by Female Comedians
- Get Help With Your Holiday Photo Gifts
- Film Adaptation of “Room” by Emma Donoghue
Callaway County Youth Poetry Contest
April is National Poetry Month. The Callaway County Public Library and the Auxvasse Creative Arts Program invite all Callaway County kids and teens to submit a narrative poem! This contest will award winners in three age groups: 5-8, 9-12 and 13-18. Winners will be awarded at the library on May 1 and have their poems displayed online.
“I imagine a world where…”
This year’s assignment is to explore a new world with your poem and let your imagination run wild.
- You must live or attend school in Callaway County and be age 5-18.
- For the 5 to 8 age group, an adult may help you type or write your entry.
- Entries should include your name, age, address, parent’s or guardian’s name, phone number, email address (if available), school, grade and your teacher’s name.
Entries must be received by April 14. Entries may be turned in at the Callaway Public Library, sent by email or mailed to: Callaway County Public Library, ATTN: Youth Poetry Contest, 710 Court St., Fulton, MO 65251. Mail entries must be postmarked by April 3. Get an entry form at the Callaway Public Library, on the bookmobile or download using the link below.