- I have finished a book and would like to return it early.
- I would like to renew a book.
- The audiobook I downloaded does not open in OverDrive Media Console.
- I receive an error message saying I have reached the fulfillment limit for my audiobook.
- I receive a message saying I must set my Apple device to "Manually Manage Music."
- I was issued a new library card number and I don't see my checkouts/holds.
- I tried to log in and received the message: "This service is not available to DBRL cardholders who reside outside our designated service area."
I have finished a book and would like to return it early.
MP3 audiobooks can be returned early using the OverDrive Media Console for Windows or the OverDrive Media Console app for smartphones and tablets. WMA audiobooks cannot be returned early.
If you downloaded an MP3 to a Windows computer, highlight the book in OverDrive Media Console and click the delete button at the top of the program. You will then be given the option to return and delete the title.
If you downloaded an MP3 to a portable device using the OverDrive App, you can either hold down on the book on the Bookshelf until the return option appears or tap on the plus sign to the right of the book on the Bookshelf.
I would like to renew a book.
There is no procedure for renewing a book. If a book expires before you are done reading it and there are no holds on it, you can simply check it out and download it again.
The audiobook I downloaded does not open in Overdrive Media Console.
- Click the download button again and click "Open" (not "Save"). This should cause it to automatically open in Overdrive Media Console.
- You may need to set OverDrive Media Console as the default program for opening the downloaded file. This can be done through the Internet browser or through the operating system. The file type that needs to be changed is .odm (OverDrive Media ). The following are instructions with screenshots for Firefox and a variety of operating systems: Firefox , Windows 7 , Windows Vista , Windows XP , Mac .
I receive an error message saying I have reached the fulfillment limit for my audiobook.
You have a maximum of three attempts to download an audiobook. If you have reached the limit, please contact support  with your library card number and the title of the book and we will reset the download counter.
If you have successfully downloaded some parts of the book, do not continue the download from the My OverDrive Checkouts web page. Instead, open OverDrive Media Console, click on the title to select it, and then click the Download button at the top of the screen. Using this method does not count against the download limit.
I receive a message saying I must set my Apple device to "Manually Manage Music."
- Connect your device to your computer and open iTunes.
- In the left navigation panel under the heading "DEVICES", click on the device (iPhone, iPod, etc.).
- Place a checkmark next to 'Manually manage music…'.
- Click "Apply."
- Try again to transfer the book using the OverDrive Media Console.
I was issued a new library card number and I don't see my checkouts/holds.
To transfer your existing checkouts and holds to your new account, please contact support  with your new library card number, your previous library card number, and your email address.
I tried to log in and received the message: "This service is not available to DBRL cardholders who reside outside our designated service area."
Access to our downloadable materials is restricted to patrons living in our primary service area. If you live outside of this area you may have access to downloadable materials through the Missouri Libraries 2 Go  collection. Check with your local library about availability.