On July 2, 1908, a group of citizens opened the Fulton Public Library in rented rooms on the second floor of the Odd Fellows building.
One hundred years later, the Callaway County Public Library celebrated its centennial with programs throughout the month of July 2008. DBRL's library card design for that year commemorated the centennial.
Read about the history of the library and excerpts from two documents from those early years:
- Fulton Library Timeline 
- Executive Comittee Report - March 1909 
- History of the Callaway County Public Library - 1984