Summer Reading for Groups
The library’s Summer Reading program is a great way to keep kids engaged in reading and learning over the summer. We offer a special version that's easy to do with a small group of kids like a child care center, an after-school group or a scout troop. The program will span June 2-August 2.
Download the group activity sheet and the group activity booklet with a list of fun activities. The group activity sheet is a colorful poster you can use to marking your progress as you do activities. Complete eight of them and you’ll get some free books for your group and a small reward for every child.
- Lego Quest
- American Chemical Society
- Discovery Kids
- Exploring the Science of Light: Optical Illusions
- Gizmos, Gadgets, and Goo (G3): The Mad Scientists Club
- Janice VanCleave’s Science Fair Projects
- Lawrence Hall of Science
- National Geographic Kids
- Scholastic Teacher
- Science for Young Children: Science Songs for Early Childhood Development
- Solar System Scope
- Steve Spangler Science