General Election-November 4, 2014
Local Voting Information
- Missouri Secretary of State
Includes information on election dates, polling and voter ID information.
- Boone County Clerk
Includes information on election dates, voter application and sample ballot.
- Callaway County Clerk
Includes information on election dates, voter registration information, polling locations and sample ballot.
- Find Your Current Elected Officials
State Wide Elections
State of Missouri Constitutional Amendments
- Constitutional Amendment-No. 2
Proposed by the 97th General Assembly (First Regular Session) SCS HJR 16
Shall the Missouri Constitution be amended so that it will be permissible to allow relevant evidence of prior criminal acts to be admissible in prosecutions for crimes of a sexual nature involving a victim under eighteen years of age?
- Constitutional Amendment-No. 3
Proposed by Initiative Petition
Shall the Missouri Constitution be amended to:
- require teachers to be evaluated by a standards based performance evaluation system for which each local school district must receive state approval to continue receiving state and local funding;
- require teachers to be dismissed, retained, demoted, promoted and paid primarily using quantifiable student performance data as part of the evaluation system;
- require teachers to enter into contracts of three years or fewer with public school districts; and prohibit teachers from organizing or collectively bargaining regarding the design and implementation of the teacher evaluation system?
- Constitutional Amendment-No. 6
Proposed by the 97th General Assembly(Second Regular Session) SS SCS HCS HJR No. 90
Shall the Missouri Constitution be amended to permit voting in person or by mail for a period of six business days prior to and including the Wednesday before the election day in general elections, but only if the legislature and the governor appropriate and disburse funds to pay for the increased costs of such voting?
State governmental entities estimated startup costs of about $2 million and costs to reimburse local election authorities of at least $100,000 per election. Local election authorities estimated higher reimbursable costs per election. Those costs will depend on the compensation, staffing, and, planning decisions of election authorities with the total costs being unknown.
- Constitutional Amendment-No. 10
Proposed by the 97th General Assembly(Second Regular Session) HJR No. 72
Shall the Missouri Constitution be amended to require the governor to pay the public debt, to prohibit the governor from relying on revenue from legislation not yet passed when proposing a budget, and to provide a legislative check on the governor’s decisions to restrict funding for education and other state services?
State governmental entities expect no direct costs or savings. Local governmental entities expect an unknown fiscal impact.
Boone County Elections
State Senator-District 10
U.S. Representative-District 4
State Representative-District 44
State Representative-District 47
Recorder of Deeds
Division 5 Associate Circuit Judge
For Presiding Commissioner
- Daniel K. Atwill-Democrat
- James B. Pounds-Republican
- PROPOSITION 1
Shall the City of Columbia, Missouri increase the general property tax rate of the City by $0.30 per $100.00 of assessed valuation for the sole purpose of funding an increase in staffing and operations of the police and fire departments of the City? The increase would be phased in over a period of five years.
If authorized by the voters, the increase in the general property tax rate received by the City of Columbia, Missouri shall be segregated from the other general property tax revenues and used solely for police and fire department staffing and operations, including, but not limited to personnel and associated equipment and other related expenses.
- PROPOSITION 2
Shall the City of Columbia, Missouri replace the current development charge for construction of collector and arterial streets of $0.50 per square foot of total floor area of new construction with a development charge for construction of collector and arterial streets as follows:
- Residential - a maximum of $1.00 per square foot of total floor area of new construction; and
- Non-residential Low Impact - a maximum of $1.50 per square foot of total floor area of new construction; and
- Non-residential High Impact - a maximum of $2.00 per square foot of total floor area of new construction.
- Special School Bond Election-Sturgeon R-V School District
Shall the Board of Education of the Sturgeon R-V School District, Missouri, borrow money in the amount of Two Million Dollars ($2,000,000), resulting in no estimated increase to the debt service property tax levy, for the purpose of providing funds for the construction, equipping, and furnishing of additional classrooms and a new retrofit stage at the High School campus; to complete secure entrance modifications at the High School; installation of all-weather track; to acquire and install technology infrastructure and equipment at the Middle School and High School; to complete renovation, remodeling and repair improvements to the existing facilities of the District including, without limitation, renovate Middle School locker rooms, upgrade Middle School lockers, replace flooring, update lighting, renovate restrooms; and issue bonds for the payment thereof? If this proposition is approved, the adjusted debt service levy of the School District is estimated to remain unchanged at $1.27 per one hundred dollars of assessed valuation of real and personal property.
- Southern Boone County Fire Protection District
Shall the number of Directors of the Board of Directors of the Southern Boone County Fire Protection District be increased from 3 to 5 members?
Callaway County Elections
United States Representative In Congress-District 3
State Senator-District 10
State Representative-District 43
- Ed Lockwood
- Jay Houghton
State Representative-District 49
For Presiding Commissioner of the County Commission
North Callaway R-1 School District-Proposition KIDS
- Shall the Board of Education of the North Callaway County R-I School District Missouri, without an estimated increase in the current debt service property tax levy, borrow money in the amount of Six Million Dollars ($6,000,000) for the purpose of providing funds to complete site development and construct, equip, and furnish additional science classrooms and a vocational agriculture facility at the high school: to upgrade technology systems throughout the District; to remove asbestos at the high school at the high school and Auxvasse elementary school; to construct, equip and furnish a bus garage/maintenance building; to construct an all-weather track at the high school to the extent funds are available to acquire land for current and future expansion; and to complete other remodeling and repair improvement to the existing facilities of the District; and issue bonds for the payment thereof? If this proposition is approved, the adjusted debt service levy of the School district is estimated to remain unchanged at $0.6822 per one hundred dollars valuation of real and personal property.
- Article about Amendment 2. Columbia Tribune, October 19, 2014.
- Article about Proposition 1, in Columbia. Columbia Tribune, October 19, 2014.
- Article about 47th House District. Columbia Tribune, October 8, 2014.
- Article about Missouri State Legislature Democrats. Columbia Tribune, September 28, 2014.
- Article about Proposition 2. Columbia Tribune, October 1, 2014.
- Article about Nate Irvin's views on Marijuana ban. Columbia Tribune, October 1, 2014.
- Article about proposed Amendment 3. Columbia Tribune, September 18, 2014.
- Article about proposed Amendments. KCRG, October 2, 2014.