Utility Bill Assistance & Energy Saving Measures
Utility Bill Assistance
- Boone Electric Cooperative - Filing for an Extension
- Budget Billing – City of Columbia
Program available to City of Columbia utility customers to even out their energy costs by paying the same amount each month.
- C.A.S.H (Citizens Assisting Seniors and Handicapped) - City of Columbia
Provides emergency assistance to low-income senior citizens and persons with disabilities. Call 573-874-7356 for assistance. Application forms for this program are available online.
- H.E.L.P. (Heat Energy and Light Program) – City of Columbia
Provides one-time emergency assistance to low-income families with young children in the home. Call 573-874-7356 for assistance. Application forms for this program are available online.
- Central Missouri Community Action - Energy Assistance
- State of Missouri Cold Weather Rule
Outlines utility customers' rights, including the right to uninterrupted utility service November 1 through March 31 under specific circumstances.
- United Way 2-1-1
Call 800-427-4626 or dial 211 from a land-line phone. Also provides listing of warming and cooling sites.
- Be Energy Efficient – BEE
Heating & cooling tips from the MO Dept. of Natural Resources and Missouri Public Service Commission.
- Callaway Electric Cooperative
Information on energy-saving programs and incentives in Callaway County.
- Columbia Water & Light Conservation
Includes information on free energy audits, rebates for high efficiency appliances, free shade trees, solar water heaters, compact fluorescent bulbs, and more.
- Columbia Water & Light Publications
- Greener Gadgets
Provides a list of retailers and certified eCycling locations by area, energy use calculator and information about buying green.
- Home Performance with Energy Star - Columbia
National program for existing homes designed to help homeowners bring their homes up to Energy Star standards for comfort, safety, health, durability and energy efficiency.