Utility Bill Assistance & Energy Saving Guide
Utility Bill Assistance
- Boone Electric Cooperative – Filing for an Extension
Information on filing for an extension for bill payment.
- Budget Billing – City of Columbia
Program available to City of Columbia utility customers to even out their energy costs by paying the same amount each month.
- C.A.S.H. (Citizens Assisting Seniors and Handicapped) – City of Columbia
Provides emergency assistance to low-income senior citizens and persons with disabilities. Call 573-817-6430 for assistance. Application forms for this program are available online.
- H.E.L.P. (Heat Energy and Light Program) – City of Columbia
Provides one-time emergency assistance to low-income families with young children in the home. Call 573-817-6430 for assistance. Application forms for this program are available online.
- Central Missouri Community Action – Energy Assistance
Information on the Missouri Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program, including Energy Assistance and Energy Crisis Intervention Program.
- State of Missouri Cold Weather Rule
Prohibits disconnection of registered low-income elderly or disabled customers’ utility service from November 1 through March 31 when the temperature is forecasted to be below 32 degrees.
- United Way 2-1-1
Call 800-427-4626 or dial 211 from a land-line phone. Also provides a searchable database of services and providers.
Energy Saving Measures
- Be Energy Efficient – BEE
Heating and cooling tips from the Missouri Public Service Commission and the Division of Energy.
- Callaway Electric Cooperative
Information on energy-saving programs and incentives in Callaway County.
- Columbia Water and Light
Includes information on free energy audits, rebates for high efficiency appliances, free shade trees, solar water heaters, compact fluorescent bulbs and more.
- Columbia Water and Light Publications
- Greener Gadgets
Provides a list of retailers and certified eCycling locations by area, energy use calculator and information about buying green.
- Home Performance with Energy Star – Columbia
National program for existing homes designed to help homeowners bring their homes up to Energy Star standards for comfort, safety, health, durability and energy efficiency.
- Office of Energy Efficiency & Renewable Energy
Energy tips from the U.S. Department of Energy’s Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy (EERE).