Health & Medicine Guide
Affordable Care Act & the Health Insurance Marketplace
- HealthCare.gov or CuidadoDeSalud.gov
The federal government’s hub for health law information, including the Health Insurance Marketplace.
- Cover Missouri
A project of the Missouri Foundation for Health (MFH) to promote quality, affordable health coverage for every Missourian, including guidance for Missourians exploring options for coverage under the Affordable Care Act.
- Consumer Health Complete
Provides content from periodicals, pamphlets and reference works covering all areas of health and wellness from mainstream medicine to the many perspectives of complementary, holistic and integrated medicine.
Provides authoritative citations from over 4,800 journals on medicine, nursing, dentistry, veterinary medicine, the health care system and much more.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Provides Information on everything from health conditions and emergency preparedness to travelers’ health.
Find government and nonprofit medical and health services.
- Health Literacy Missouri
A government site helping Missourians make good choices about health care decisions. Includes a searchable library and a Plain Language section which covers topics such as how to talk to your health care provider.
A wide array of topics about medical, emotional and developmental issues for children, parents and teens.
Authoritative information from the National Institutes of Health.
- Missouri Department of Health & Senior Services
- Consumer Health Complete
Search for articles about complementary, holistic and integrated approaches to health care and wellness.
- National Center for Complementary and Integrative Health
- Missouri Rx Plan
MoRx is Missouri’s State Pharmacy Assistance Program created to coordinate benefits with Medicare’s (Part D) Prescription Drug Program.
- National Institutes of Health Drug Information Portal
Provides links to MedlinePlus drug information as well as to scientific journals, clinical trials, etc.
- Partnership for Prescription Assistance
Offers a single point of access to more than 475 public and private patient assistance programs.
- Dapoxetine Online Laboratories
Helps qualifying patients who lack prescription coverage get the medicines they need through public or private programs.
- American Cancer Society
- American Diabetes Association
- American Heart Association
- American Red Cross – Mid-Missouri Chapter
- Arthritis Foundation – Eastern Missouri Chapter
- Easter Seals Midwest
- United Way Missouri 2-1-1
2-1-1 is a fast, free and confidential way to find info for many local social services.
Local Medical Facilities
- Boone Hospital Center
- Cancer Research Center
- Columbia/Boone County Department of Public Health and Human Services
- Women’s & Children’s Hospital
- Ellis Fischel Cancer Center
- Family Health Center
- Harry S. Truman Memorial Veterans’ Hospital
- MedZou Community Health Clinic – serves patients without insurance
- Rusk Rehabilitation Center
- University of Missouri Health Care