The Columbia Public Library offers a variety of adaptive services. Much of the available equipment was purchased through a Library Services and Technology Grant through the Missouri State Library. All of the following services are available at the Columbia Public Library. A TTY machine is also available at the Callaway County Public Library. To use a device or service, ask at any service desk or contact our ADA Coordinator.
- Internet Computer – with enhanced visibility keyboard and ZoomText magnifying/screen reading software
- JAWS – a screen reading program that enables you to use many software programs through text-to-speech
- Video Magnifier (CCTV) - view and magnify printed text
- Hearing Loop – This device can amplify a conversation in your hearing aid. It is available at the Welcome Desk in the Columbia Public Library.
- Sign Language Interpreter – Contact the library's ADA coordinator to make arrangements for a sign language interpreter at any program.
- TTY (teletypewriter) – We have TTY machines at both the Callaway County Public Library (573-642-0662) and the Columbia Public Library (573-443-6027).
- Book Baskets and Carts – Ask at any service desk to use a book basket, bag or cart.
- Motorized Scooters – You can borrow one at the check-out desk at the Columbia Public Library, or use the call box at the end of our entrance ramp to ask a staff member to bring one outside to you.
- Rolling Walker – You can borrow one at the check-out desk at the Columbia Public Library.
- Wheelchairs – available at the Columbia Public Library