A new season of book rivalries has begun! DBRL is celebrating its fifth annual March Madness Teen Book Tournament. Below is a list of the library’s 32 most popular teen books of the year. Beginning January 9, you may vote for your favorite titles from among this pool of finalists. Your votes will narrow this list to the 2017 Mid-Missouri teen book champion. In the meantime, you can use the upcoming winter break to scope out the contenders.
For added excitement, each round you vote, your name will be entered into a drawing for a chance to win cool prizes best-selling YA books or a Barnes & Noble gift card. March Madness is open to all teens ages 12-18 who live in either Boone or Callaway County, Missouri.
How It Works:
- Round 1: Voting complete for the Sweet 16.
- Round 2: Voting complete for the Elite 8.
- Round 3: Voting complete for the Final 4.
- Round 4: Voting complete for the final two contending titles.
- Round 5: VOTE NOW through April 5 for the book tournament champion.
- April 7: The champion is announced!
Each round that you vote, your name is entered into our prize drawing! Limit one ballot per person, per round.
March Madness Teen Book Tournament Finalists
- “Famous Last Words” by Katie Alender
- “Red Queen” by Victoria Aveyard
- “Shadow and Bone” by Leigh Bardugo
- “Rapunzel Untangled” by Cindy C. Bennett
- “Midnight Thief” by Livia Blackburne
- “Torn Away” by Jennifer Brown
- “The Heir” by Kiera Cass
- “The Testing” by Joelle Charbonneau
- “City of Bones” by Cassandra Clare
- “Out of My Mind” by Sharon M. Draper
- “Storm of Lightning” by Richard Paul Evans
- “If I Stay” by Gayle Forman
- “Paper Towns” by John Green
- “The Girl Who Was Supposed to Die” by April Henry
- “We Were Liars” by E. Lockhart
- “The Giver” by Lois Lowry
- “The Young Elites” by Marie Lu
- “Throne of Glass” by Sarah J. Maas
- “Nil” by Lynne Matson
- “Since You’ve Been Gone” by Morgan Matson
- “Winter” by Marissa Meyer
- “I’ll Give You the Sun” by Jandy Nelson
- “All the Bright Places” by Jennifer Niven
- “The Kiss of Deception” by Mary Pearson
- “Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children” by Ransom Riggs
- “Eleanor & Park” by Rainbow Rowell
- “Holes” by Louis Sachar
- “Steelheart” by Brandon Sanderson
- “The Raven Boys” by Maggie Stiefvater
- “Uglies” by Scott Westerfeld
- “The 5th Wave” by Richard Yancey
- “The Book Thief” by Markus Zusak