Daniel Boone Regional Library is challenging youth ages 12-18 to read for 20 hours, submit three book reviews, and do seven activities that make a positive impact. Complete Summer Reading, and beginning July 5, you’ll receive a free book. You’ll also be entered into a drawing for other fun rewards including an Amazon Fire Tablet.
Step Two: Submit three book reviews.
Step Three: Complete any seven of these activities.
- Apply for a library card.
- Volunteer in your community.
- Perform a random act of kindness.
- Read a story set in another country.
- Visit a science center or art museum.
- Download an ebook, audiobook or comic.
- Make something using recycled materials.
- Read a book of poetry or a novel told in verse.
- Build your own video game at HourofCode.org.
- Read a biography about someone who inspires you.
- Attend a library program. Check out our event calendar.
- Participate in our teen art contest. Details available June 6 at www.dbrl.org/teen.
Step Four: When you’re finished, bring your completed reading record to any library or bookmobile stop and receive your free book, beginning July 5. You’ll also be entered into a drawing for other fun rewards including an Amazon Fire tablet.
Throughout the summer, the library will host a creative writing workshop, breakout room challenge, tabletop gaming event, LEGO MINDSTORMS robotics program, cosplay costume con and more! Check out the library’s online event calendar and subscribe to our email newsletter to receive updates on future teen programs.