The Daniel Boone Regional Library is challenging youth ages 12-18 to read for 20 hours, submit three book reviews and do seven fun, library-related activities. Complete this Summer Reading challenge, and beginning July 5, you’ll receive a free book. You’ll also be entered into a drawing for other fun rewards including an Amazon Fire tablet.
Step Two: Submit three book reviews.
Step Three: Complete any seven of these activities.
- Apply for a library card.
- Write an original song.
- Watch a musical or concert.
- Create your own musical instrument.
- Listen to music from another culture.
- Download an ebook, audiobook or comic.
- Read a book about one of your favorite musicians.
- Stream or download free music using the Freegal app.
- Attend a library program. Check out our event calendar.
- Read a book from the library’s teen Summer Reading booklist.
- Share your favorite jams for our community playlist on Spotify.
- Check out a painted rock from your library and hide it in the community.
- Share your favorite Summer Reading photo on Instagram and tag us (@dbrl.library).
- Participate in the Teen Photo Contest. Details available after June 12 at www.dbrl.org/teens.
Step Four: When you’re finished, bring your completed reading record to any library or bookmobile stop and receive your free book, beginning July 5. You’ll also be entered into a drawing for other fun rewards including an Amazon Fire tablet.
Throughout the summer, the library will host free film screenings, coding programs, escape rooms, a cosplay costume con and more! Check out the library’s event calendar and subscribe to our email newsletter to receive updates on future teen programs.