This year’s Summer Reading program, Build a Better World, invites youth to challenge themselves, try new things and work together to make positive change in the world. Here is an opportunity for you to build a better world by becoming a better leader!
The Truman Youth Leadership Academy is a one-week summer daycamp that is open to all incoming 6th, 7th and 8th grade students that want to explore leadership skills, civic involvement and community service through the University of Missouri’s four core values: Respect, Responsibility, Discovery and Excellence.
The 2017 summer camp will take place July 10-14 in the MU Student Center. There is a recommended registration due date of July 1st. A limited amount of scholarships are available on a first come, first serve basis. For more information, please contact camp coordinator Sam Dicke at (573) 882-1739.
Further reading about leaders and making a difference:
- Activism: The Ultimate Teen Guide
- Malala Yousafzai: Education Activist
- Fight Like A Girl: 50 Feminists Who Changed the World
- The Teen Guide to Global Action
- You Got This! Unleash your Awesomeness, Find your Path, and Change your World