If the item you want is not available in the DBRL catalog, you might be able to borrow it through our interlibrary loan service. This service will search for copies of requested materials across the state and farther.
Requesting Materials Is Easy
- Log in to your DBRL Interlibrary Loan account. (The first time you log in, you’ll be asked to verify your account information.)
- Search for the title you want by clicking the “Search for Materials” button.
- Select the title you want and click the “Borrow this item from another library” link.
- Review your request and click on the Submit button.
- There is a 50¢ fee for interlibrary loans.
- You will be notified when the item is ready for you to pick up at your library.
- Interlibrary loan service is only available for residents of the Columbia, Boone County and Callaway County Library Districts.
- Audiovisual material and recently published books are not available for interlibrary loan. (You can suggest that we purchase those items.)
- Items loaned through this service are subject to the loan period and overdue fees of the loaning institution.