If the item you want is not available in the DBRL catalog, you might be able to borrow it through our interlibrary loan service. This service will search for copies of requested materials across the state and farther.
How to Request Materials from Another Library
- Search FirstSearch (WorldCat) to find an item available from another library.
- Select the title you want and click the “Borrow via DBRL ILL” link.
- Sign in to your interlibrary loan account using your library card number.
(The first time you log in, you’ll be asked to verify your account information.)
- Review your request and click submit.
- You will be notified when the item is ready for you to pick up at your library or bookmobile.
(Unfortunately, interlibrary loan items cannot be picked up at Library-To-Go lockers.)
- There is a 50¢ fee for interlibrary loans.
- Interlibrary loan service is only available for residents of the Columbia-Boone County and Callaway County Library Districts.
- Audiovisual materials (e.g. DVD, CD) and recently published books are not available for interlibrary loan. (You can suggest that we purchase those items.)
- Items loaned through this service are subject to the loan period and overdue fees of the loaning institution.