The Missouri Bicentennial Commission is holding a poster competition for students in grades 3-12* with the theme of “Sharing Missouri’s Stories — Past, Present and Future.”
Submit your design at your library September 10 through October 10 and fill out the online form. Winning designs from each of our libraries will be submitted to the State Historical Society of Missouri with the potential of becoming a winning design for the state celebration.
*Grade determined by the 2019-2020 school year.
- Open to students in grades 3-12 (determined by 2019-2020 school year).
Deadline & Submission Details
- Submissions will be accepted at all library buildings September 10 through October 10.
- Enter information about your submission using this online form, and give us your name and phone number when you come in.
- Submissions will not be returned.
- Designs should be 8.5″×11″ and vertically oriented.
- Designs must use a two-dimensional art medium (i.e. paints, crayons, colored pencils or collage) and ensure the media will transfer to a poster format.
- Only entries created by individual students without assistance—with the exception of appropriate assistive technology devices—will be considered.
- Only one entry per student will be considered.
Judges will evaluate based on the following criteria:
- Interpretation of the contest theme
- Originality of the submission
- Consideration of geographic and cultural diversity
- Aesthetic quality; i.e. the art submission should be appealing to the eye
- Overall artistic ability; i.e. degree of creativity and skill for its age group
- Ability to translate the concept into a final poster design
Additional contest information can be found at https://missouri2021.org/bicentennial-poster/.