Running out of ideas to keep your kids entertained? If so, try out salad spinner art! It’s a fun and creative STEAM project that will have your kids amazed at the results. The artwork always turns out beautiful and unique, and it makes for great gifts or fridge decor.
What you need:
- Salad spinner
- Thick paper (coffee filters or paper plates also work)
What you do:
- Cut the paper into a circle that will fit in the salad spinner.
- Place the paper in the salad spinner.
- Squeeze some paint onto the paper, mostly in the center. Use as many colors as you’d like.
- Close the salad spinner.
- Spin away! The faster, the better.
- Open the spinner, and check out your awesome art.
- Let the paint dry, and make some more!
Once you’ve made one, experiment a little! Try different colors in different places on the paper, or try spinning slower or faster for different periods of time.
Want makes the paint fly across the paper? Centrifugal force! This is also what keeps you in your seat on a loopy, spin-y roller coaster. Pretty cool, huh?