November 3, 2020 General Election
- October 7– Last day to register to vote.
- October 21– Last day to request an absentee or mail-ballot application.
- November 3– General election.
In partnership with the Daniel Boone Regional Library, Columbia Public Schools, Southern Boone Public Schools and Centralia Public Schools, the Boone County Clerk’s Office is providing voters six weekend opportunities to return their absentee ballot or cast their in-person absentee ballot around Boone County. Locations will operate from 10am to 3pm at the following schools:
October 3: Hickman High School parking lot (look for the DBRL Bookmobile, Jr.)
October 4: Douglass High School (Park Avenue side)
October 10: Southern Boone Primary School parking lot (look for the DBRL Bookmobile, Jr.)
October 17: Rock Bridge High School parking lot (look for the DBRL Bookmobile, Jr.)
October 24: Centralia High School parking lot (look for the DBRL Bookmobile, Jr.)
October 25: Douglass High School (Park Avenue side)
- Columbia Daily Tribune: Politics and Election Coverage
- Columbia Missourian’s Election Coverage
- League of Women Voter’s (Columbia/Boone County Chapter) Voter’s Guide
- Polling Locations in Boone County
The “Where Do I Vote?” section of the Boone County Clerk’s FAQ page has links for looking up your polling place, updating your address and a complete list of polling locations.
- Polling Places in Callaway County
All events are live via Zoom. You must register to get a link to the event.
- Election Forums (4 forums between September 30 and October 14)
- News Literacy and the Election (October 8)
- Make Your Plan for November—Voting Options for 2020 (October 13)
- Joseph R. Biden and Kamala D. Harris (D)
- Don Blankenship and William Mohr (C)
- Howie Hawkins and Angela Nicole Walker (G)
- Jo Jorgensen and Jeremy (Spike) Cohen (L)
- Donald J. Trump and Michael R. Pence (R)
- John R. (Jay) Ashcroft (R)
- Yinka Faleti (D)
- Carl Herman Freese (L)
- Paul Lehmann (G)
- Paul Venable (C)
- Patricia Breckenridge
Shall Judge Patricia Breckenridge of the Missouri Supreme Court be retained in office?
- Tom Chapman
Shall judge Tom Chapman of the western district court of appeals be retained in office?
Circuit Judge, Circuit 13 Division 4
Constitutional Amendment No. 1
Do you want to amend the Missouri Constitution to extend the two term restriction that currently applies to the Governor and Treasurer to the Lt. Governor, Secretary of State, Auditor and the Attorney General?
State and local governmental entities estimate no costs or savings from this proposal.
Shall the Missouri Constitution be amended to:
- Ban gifts from paid lobbyists to legislators and their employees;
- Reduce legislative campaign contribution limits;
- Change the redistricting process voters approved in 2018 by: (i) transferring responsibility for drawing state legislative districts from the Nonpartisan State Demographer to Governor appointed bipartisan commissions; (ii) modifying and reordering the redistricting criteria.
State governmental entities expect no cost or savings. Individual local governmental entities
expect significant decreased revenues of a total unknown amount.
BOONE COUNTY RACES
*Uncontested Races are Not Listed
U.S. Representative, District 4
State Senate, District 19
State Representative, District 44
State Representative, District 47
State Representative, District 50
Associate Commissioner, District 1
Callaway COUNTY RACES
*Uncontested Races are Not Listed
Unites States Representative in Congress, District 3
Commissioner, Eastern District
- Donnie Horstman (D)
- Randy Kleindienst (R)