Celebrate literacy in your program this summer! We’ve put together a special version of Summer Reading that’s easy to do with a small group of kids like a child care class or a scout troop.
As you celebrate reading, you’ll earn free books for your center and a small reward for each child. Children are never too young or too old to hear others read stories. Hearing books aloud stretches children’s vocabulary, exposes them to more sophisticated sentences and increases their excitement about books.
How do we participate?
- Sign up online.
- You’ll get a group Summer Reading poster with 25 stickers.
- Place a sticker on the poster each time you read as a group.
- When your poster is full, let us know you have finished.
- Join the DBRL Early Childhood Connections Facebook group for activities, book lists and community resources to support the families you serve.
- Sign up for our Early Childhood Education newsletter to receive monthly emails with library resources.
Children in your group are also welcome to sign up individually for Summer Reading with their families beginning June 15. Both versions of Summer Reading end August 15.