Printable Flyer [PDF]
At the Daniel Boone Regional Library, preparation for March Madness begins in December when we announce our 16 most popular teen books. This gives you over two months to read these titles and get ready to vote for your favorites in the spring. You have through Sunday, March 8 to vote for your favorite 8 books. Then, the competition heats up, as each week in March, young adults vote to narrow down the list of contenders until a single title emerges as the Mid-Missouri teen book champion!
Each round you vote, your name will be entered into a drawing for a chance to win an Amazon Fire tablet. March Madness is open to all teens ages 12-18 who live in either Boone or Callaway County, Missouri.
How It Works:
- Round 1: VOTE NOW through March 8 for the Elite 8.
- Round 2: Vote March 10-15 for the Final 4
- Round 3: Vote March 17-22 for the final two contending titles.
- Round 4: Vote March 24- April 2 for the book tournament champion.
- April 3: The champion is announced!
Each round that you vote, your name is entered into our prize drawing! Limit one ballot per person, per round.
March Madness Teen Book Tournament: Sweet 16
- “Turtles All the Way Down” by John Green
- “Long Way Down” by Jason Reynolds
- “To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before” by Jenny Han
- “Children of Blood and Bone” by Tomi Adeyemi
- “Renegades” by Marissa Meyer
- “Six of Crows” by Leigh Bardugo
- “On the Come Up” by Angie Thomas
- “Scythe” by Neal” Shusterman
- “To Catch a Killer” by Sheryl Scarborough
- “Dear Martin” by Nic Stone
- “Five Feet Apart” by Rachael Lippincott
- “Eleanor & Park” by Rainbow Rowell
- “Bridge of Clay” by Markus Zusak
- “The Cruel Prince” by Holly Black
- “Goodbye Days” by Jeff Zentner
- “What If It’s Us” by Becky Albertalli