Check the “Get Involved” section in the Tuesday edition of The Columbia Daily Tribune .
- AARP Tax-Aide Program 
Assist lower-income and older people with online tax preparation January through April. Training is provided.
- Adult Education & Literacy--English Language Institute 
Volunteer Opportunities include: One-on-one tutoring, publicity, recruitment, clerical work, field trips and classroom.
- American Red Cross 
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Central MO 
Become a mentor for a child between ages 6 and 14.
- Boone County Animal Care 
Foster homeless pets or help with event planning and fundraising.
- Boys & Girls Club of the Columbia Area - Get Involved 
For more information contact Nancy: (573) 874-1697 or firstname.lastname@example.org 
- Callaway County SERVE, Inc. 
This nonprofit social services agency in Fulton offers services like a food pantry, transportation system, senior volunteer placement and thrift store.
- Cedar Creek Therapeutic Riding Center 
- Central Missouri Community Action 
Help families through programs like Head Start, Foster Grandparents, Family Support, and a variety of life-skills and financial development initiatives.
- Central Missouri Food Bank 
Give money, give time, give food.
- Central Missouri Humane Society 
Opportunities to work with the animals at the shelter.
- Columbia, MO Office of Volunteer Services 
A variety of opportunities for adults and youth.
- Columbia Public Schools 
Help with tutoring, reading to students, assisting in the computer lab and more.
- Columbia Second Chance 
Become a pet foster parent, work in the adoption center or do kennel chores, etc.
- Friends of the Library 
Groups in Columbia, Callaway County and Southern Boone County provide the library with additional funds for needed materials and services.
- Habitat for Humanity – Show-Me Central Chapter 
Build affordable housing in partnership with people in need.
Assist with a number of compassionate-care duties.
- The Intersection 
Involvement includes mentoring, tutoring or teaching a class.
- KOPN-FM 
- Literacy Action Corps 
Help adult nonreaders or people from other countries read, write and speak English.
- Meals on Wheels 
Deliver hot meals to seniors and people with disabilities.
- MU Museum of Art and Archaeology 
Become a docent, a tour guide or help in the museum shop. Training provided.
- Ronald McDonald House Charities of Mid-Missouri 
Help out-of-town families of children receiving treatment in Columbia area hospitals
- RSVP Boone County (The Retired and Senior Volunteer Program) 
- Salvation Army 
-Salvation Army Harbor House, 602 N Ann St, Columbia, (573) 442-1984
-Salvation Army Family Services, 1108 W Ash St, Columbia, (573) 442-3229
- Show-Me State Games & Senior Games 
- State Historical Society of Missouri 
Volunteer opportunities include repairing fragile newspapers, making copies, data entry and more.
- St. Francis House Catholic Worker Community – Columbia 
Operates St. Frances House for men and Lois Bryant House for women.
- True/False Film Festival 
- TRYPS Children's Theater 
- United Way--Heart of Missouri Chapter 
- Voluntary Action Center 
Find a volunteer opportunity for you.
- AmeriCorps 
Join thousands of Americans serving to meet critical needs in communities throughout the nation. Health coverage and training provided.
- Civic Ventures 
Links to many organizations and programs where retirees can put their experience to work.
- Dream Factory 
Help fulfill the dream of a seriously ill child.
- Idealist.org 
Project of Action Without Borders. Search the database for volunteer listings worldwide.
- Network for Good 
Search by zip code for volunteer opportunities in your area.
- Serve.gov 
Provides information on government programs and opportunities to serve in the USA.
- USA.gov Public Service and Volunteerism 
Listing of government agencies/organizations for individuals willing to volunteer their time.
- Volunteer.gov 
America's Natural and Cultural Resources Volunteer Portal. Search by state and agency.
- Idealist.org 
Database for volunteer listings worldwide.
- Peace Corps 
Volunteers serve in countries from Asia to Central America, and from Europe to Africa. Minimum age is 18; training provided.
- Volunteer Abroad 
Search over 27,000 opportunities abroad.