The library is committed to making our buildings, programs and services accessible to everyone. Our special services and adaptive equipment are listed below. If you need further assistance or have a question, please contact the library’s ADA coordinator at (573) 817-7016, 1-800-324-4806 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Wheelchair accessible buildings and restrooms
- Elevators at Callaway County and Columbia Public Libraries
Holts Summit and Southern Boone County Public Libraries are all on one level.
- Power-assisted doors and wide aisles
- Scooters, wheelchairs and rolling walkers at the Columbia Public Library
Call (573) 443-3161 before you arrive or use the call box at the base of the ramp and we will bring it to you. When you’re ready to leave the library, we’ll assist you back to your vehicle.
- Book baskets and carts
- Touch screen check-out
- TTY (teletypewriter) phone
(573) 642-0662 – Callaway County Public Library
(573) 443-6027 – Columbia Public Library
- Sign language interpreter at programs when requested
- Closed-captioned movies and TV shows for check-out, available in buildings and online
- Hearing Loop, available at the Columbia Public Library Welcome Desk
- eBooks for check-out online
- Large print collection
- Audiobooks for check-out from the library and online
- Playaways for check-out (audiobooks that come on their own player)
Type size and background color can be adjusted on most e-readers.
- Responsive library website, www.dbrl.org
Fully compatible with screen readers and type size can be changed with the web browser.
- Magnification devices
The Columbia Public Library also has a CCTV video magnifier for print.
- Wolfner Talking Book and Braille Library
Call (573) 817-7091 for assistance setting up this free service.
- ZoomText Computer at the Columbia Public Library
- If coming into the building is hard for you, call us in advance, and we’ll gather the items you want before you arrive. You or someone you’ve entrusted with your library account number can pick up your items or we can meet you at your car in the parking lot.
- If you have a special need for one-on-one or small group assistance on the computer or with using digital services, our staff can make arrangements for that.
- We deliver library materials to the homes of people who have a long-term illness or disability. Call (573) 817-7091 or 1-800-324-4806 to learn more.
- We’re committed to social, ethnic and cultural diversity and the goals of the Americans with Disabilities Act. If you need accommodations to take advantage of programs or services offered at any Daniel Boone Regional Library building or bookmobile, please contact our ADA coordinator Melanie Henry at (573) 817-7016 or 1-800-324-4806.
Some equipment was purchased through a Library Services and Technology Grant through the Missouri State Library.