Curbside pickup for holds placed online or over the phone is offered in Ashland, Columbia and Fulton. Holts Summit and Hallsville area patrons can pick up holds at the Library-To-Go lockers. The bookmobile is also delivering holds to most of its regular stops.
Holds may be placed online via the catalog. Your default password for your library account is your date of birth in the format MMDDYYYY. You may also place holds over the phone by calling a library location. In addition to books, you may place holds on interlibrary loan items, CDs, DVDs, Playaway Launchpads and Wi-Fi hotspots.
Please wait until you have received an email that your holds are ready before arriving at the library. For personal safety, staff will not be able to take any in-person requests.
How Curbside Pickup Works
- You will receive an email notice that your hold is ready to pick up.
- Check the hours curbside is offered at your pickup library.
- Pull into one of the designated curbside pickup parking spaces.
- Call the number listed on the sign in front of your parking space. Staff will ask for your name, library card number and parking space number.
- Please have your trunk open and stay in your vehicle.
- Staff will bring your holds to you and place them in your vehicle.
Please put all your returns in the book drops or designated bins. Staff will not be able to take your returns in person.
Some larger items may not fit into a book drop. In Columbia, please place oversized materials in the cart that is available during curbside pickup hours. In Ashland, Fulton and Holts Summit, either hold on to oversized items until the library buildings open or call the libraries to arrange a drop off or pickup.
Columbia Public Library
Monday-Friday, 10 a.m.-6 p.m.
Saturday, 10 a.m.-4 p.m.
Callaway County Public Library
Monday-Thursday, 10 a.m.-6 p.m.
Friday & Saturday, 10 a.m.-4 p.m.
Southern Boone County Public Library
Monday-Friday, 9 a.m.-6 p.m.
Saturday, 9 a.m.-3 p.m.