April is National Poetry Month. The Callaway County Public Library and the Auxvasse Creative Arts Program  invite all Callaway County children to write a poem!
Callaway County Habitat:
The Natural World We Live In
Children and teens are invited to submit poems that reflect the natural world and capture some element or essence of the environment in Callaway County. For example, a poem may describe your backyard, a stream running through a local park, a bird you observe perched in a tree, or even a bug you watch crawling across the ground.
- Poems must be at least 10, but no more than 40 lines long.
- You must live or attend school in Callaway County and be age 5-18.
- For the 5 to 8 age group, an adult may help you type or write your entry.
- Entries should include your name, age, address, parent’s or guardian’s name, phone number, e-mail address (if available), school, grade and your teacher’s name.
- Entries must be recieved by April 4.