Check the “Get Involved” section in the Tuesday edition of The Columbia Daily Tribune.
- AARP Tax-Aide Program
Assist lower-income and older people with online tax preparation January through April. Training is provided.
- Adult Education & Literacy–English Language Institute
Volunteer Opportunities include: One-on-one tutoring, publicity, recruitment, clerical work, field trips and classroom.
- American Red Cross
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Central MO
Become a mentor for a child between ages 6 and 14.
- Boone County Animal Care
Foster homeless pets or help with event planning and fundraising.
- Boys & Girls Club of the Columbia Area – Get Involved
For more information contact Nancy: (573) 874-1697
- Callaway County SERVE, Inc.
This nonprofit social services agency in Fulton offers services like a food pantry, transportation system, senior volunteer placement and thrift store.
- Cedar Creek Therapeutic Riding Center
- Central Missouri Community Action
Help families through programs like Head Start, Foster Grandparents, Family Support, and a variety of life-skills and financial development initiatives.
- Central Missouri Food Bank
Give money, give time, give food.
- Central Missouri Humane Society
Opportunities to work with the animals at the shelter.
- City of Refuge
To volunteer to help refugees in the community contact Program Coordinator, Leah Glenn.
- Columbia, MO Office of Volunteer Services
A variety of opportunities for adults and youth.
- Columbia Public Schools
Help with tutoring, reading to students, assisting in the computer lab and more.
- Columbia Second Chance
Become a pet foster parent, work in the adoption center or do kennel chores, etc.
- Court Appointed Special Advocates (CASA)
Heart of Missouri CASA volunteers watch over and advocate for abused and neglected children to ensure they aren’t lost in the legal system or languish in an inappropriate group or foster home.
- Friends of the Library
Groups in Columbia, Callaway County and Southern Boone County provide the library with additional funds for needed materials and services.
- Habitat for Humanity – Show-Me Central Chapter
Build affordable housing in partnership with people in need.
Assist with a number of compassionate-care duties.
- Boone Hospital Center
- Ellis Fischel Cancer Center
- MU Health Care Facilities
- Literacy Action Corps
Help adult nonreaders or people from other countries read, write and speak English.
- Meals on Wheels
Deliver hot meals to seniors and people with disabilities.
- MU Museum of Art and Archaeology
Become a docent, a tour guide or help in the museum shop. Training provided.
- Ronald McDonald House Charities of Mid-Missouri
Help out-of-town families of children receiving treatment in Columbia area hospitals
- Salvation Army
-Salvation Army Harbor House, 602 N Ann St, Columbia, (573) 442-1984
-Salvation Army Family Services, 1108 W Ash St, Columbia, (573) 442-3229
- Services for Independent Living
- Show-Me State Games & Senior Games
- State Historical Society of Missouri
Volunteer opportunities include repairing fragile newspapers, making copies, data entry and more.
- St. Francis House Catholic Worker Community – Columbia
Operates St. Frances House for men and Lois Bryant House for women.
- True/False Film Festival
- TRYPS Children’s Theater
- United Way–Heart of Missouri Chapter
- Voluntary Action Center
Find a volunteer opportunity for you.
Join thousands of Americans serving to meet critical needs in communities throughout the nation. Health coverage and training provided.
- Dream Factory
Help fulfill the dream of a seriously ill child.
Project of Action Without Borders. Search the database for volunteer listings worldwide.
- Network for Good
Search by zip code for volunteer opportunities in your area.
Provides information on government programs and opportunities to serve in the USA.
- USA.gov Public Service and Volunteerism
Listing of government agencies/organizations for individuals willing to volunteer their time.
America’s Natural and Cultural Resources Volunteer Portal. Search by state and agency.