Thanks to the randomly-selected 1,365 people in Boone and Callaway Counties who took time to answer our questionnaire, we have a better sense of what we’re doing right and where we can improve. The information will also be valuable when we begin drafting our next long-range strategic plan.
ETC compared some of our findings with other governmental organizations and reported that:
- Overall satisfaction with DBRL’s services of 92% is 17% above the national average of 75% for public libraries.
- Of those surveyed, 87% are satisfied with the overall value they receive for their tax dollars going to libraries, which is 50% higher than the national average for local governments.
- Satisfaction with DBRL’s customer service from staff, at 96%, is 42% above the national average for governmental organizations.
In our service area:
- 98% of those surveyed agreed with the statement “libraries are important to our community.”
- 93% are happy with the library’s selection of best-selling and new books.
- 89% like the convenience and ease of use of the online catalog.
Source for above and chart: 2011, 2014 and 2019 Daniel Boone Regional Library Community Survey, ETC Institute