With over 250 licensed child care programs in our service area, we need to manage the number of groups using our children’s areas at one time. Please help us ensure that we have the room and resources to maintain a pleasant atmosphere for all of our patrons by limiting:
- Visits to once a month
- Visit time to an hour
- Number of children in your group to 30. Larger programs should plan to stagger visits to different days or times.
Before your visit:
- Let us know you’re coming. We would appreciate a phone call at least one week before your visit.
- Plan for all adult chaperones to be engaged in your visit. Adult participation is the key to a positive visit. We ask that you keep your students within sight, join in the activities, and show the children that using the library is fun. Please plan to have one adult for every 10 students.
- Get your students library cards! A library trip is more meaningful when children can enjoy choosing and checking out materials. We would love to help you run a library card drive.
- Request a tour. Want a library staff member to show your group around the library and share behind the scenes secrets? Schedule a tour. We need at least four weeks notice.
We look forward to seeing your group at the library soon.